From me anyways….
We made it! We survived and entire week in WDW with a toddler and I have so much to share. This year we decided to attend the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom and partake in all the fun. I learned a ton since this was my first time and from going with a toddler.
Here are the tips I wish I had known…..
- Dress Up -it makes it so much more fun. The key is low key. Yes there are some people who just go all out and let me tell you it’s amazing. I prefer Disney bounding-what is that you say? Dressing in regular clothes that look similar to the clothes of famous Disney Characters. We went as Snow White and dwarves, Row’s dress was a simple cotton dress in snow white colors-no fluff and the grownups wore shirts with felt belts sewn on and hats-easy. Plus it is way easier to move around and ride rides.
- Shows-There are three-the Boo To You Parade, Hocus Pocus Show, and Hallowishes. Hallowishes only plays once and I recommend being around the general vicinity of the front of the castle since much of the show is projected on the castle itself. The parade runs twice and the show runs four times-plenty of time to catch them.
- Seating-The parade has characters up close so if you have a toddler who doesn’t enjoy that-I won’t mention any names-pick a place where you can move back if you need to and people and places aren’t as crowded-such as the front of the train station-learn from my mistakes!!!!
- Do trick or treat-so many people think it’s a waste of time but the littles love it. They hand out candy at designated areas throughout the park. They also provide a trick or treat bag but I would bring at least one large bag because you will get a ton of candy and yes it’s the good stuff.
- Rides-don’t forget to ride….the lines are soooooo short. All those rides you can’t or won’t wait in line for-peter pan, mine train, space mountain-go go go-5-10 minute wait lines.
- Treats-get yourself a Halloween cupcake or candy corn cotton candy (sold only in the back of the park) sigh I forgot! These are special only for the event.
- Characters-pick one or two to get pictures with. They do not mention which characters are present but we saw Jane and Tarzan and Abu and Aladdin. Characters are a big part of the party and they have mega rare ones out to meet and greet. The lines are long though but the pic is priceless.
- Pictures-get a picture in front of the castle at night-it’s purple. They also have special signs you can hold that say Halloween party.
- Look Up-Many cool decorations are put out just for the party-check out the pumpkins on top of buildings.
- Relax-get done what you can and don’t stress-snag a party map right when you walk in, step to the side and decide what’s your top two things to do. The rest is icing.
Oh and BOO TO YOU…..
What are you pinning????
This week I’ve been pinning and using tags for Row’s Kindermusik Boo Bash Party! I can’t wait to get another Halloween party in the books!
Oh how I love a free printable! Oh and don’t forget one for the teacher-Miss Kathy will probably read this before she gets hers….close your eyes Miss!
And of course I’m thinking about Christmas and some fun projects!
I’ve been making a hand ornament for Row since newbornhood and love it.
The pin leads you right to the original author and blog!!!! These are not my ideas but things I’ve done or hope to do. I do have an entire board titles “check” on my pinterest account of projects I’ve already completed!!!!
What are you pinning this week?