Do you have a big Disney fan at home? Do you get the Disney blues when you’re away from your Disney “home”? Then Disney on Ice is for you! This is not your regular Ice Capades but a wonderful show which includes so many of your beloved Disney characters.
Disney on Ice runs throughout the US during the year. It runs yearly so sign up with your local major city’s stadium-ours in Houston is NRG Stadium. Sign up for their mailing list so you can get a heads up for when tickets go on sale. We have already gotten a mailing for this coming years show.
Here’s what you need to know before you go!
- Bring Cash! That’s right from parking to souvenirs and snacks cash is the way to go. It gets you in and out faster. The selling kiosks that are there for the show have credit card machines but they take forever and fail. Oh and those adorable souvenirs are expensive.
- Dress as your Fav Character-Why not make it even more fun by wearing your Mickey shirt or dressing as your fav Disney princess. So many people come dressed. It just makes it more fun.
- The Best Seats-The best seats for viewing this show is the smaller side. It’s where you can see the show face on. But don’t count out the side seats-you can see tons from the sides and pay less as well.
- Sensory-If anyone in your party has sensory issues of any kind talk to them before you go. The show will be dark, it will be loud, there will be things falling from the ceiling-on the ice only, and there will be fireworks. Talk to them before your go and definitely bring headphones or ear plugs just in case.
- Come Early-Each show has a treasure trove of fun things to do before you find your seat. Our show had face painting and pictures with characters-not FREE mind you but fun!
Disney on Ice is definitely fun for all! Row is three and I was a bit worried about her sitting through the show. She made it and adored the show. It was definitely a Disney fix until our next trip. The new show dates have already been released so get on your mailing list for the sale and mark those calendars. Perfect for kids of all ages! Oh and dollar store glow sticks would be fun!