I’m pretty much a let’s go to Disneyworld every
month year person. After struggling with infertility for five years and finally having our daughter I wanted nothing more than to bring her to Disney and have that moment. We booked a trip with friends and bam embarked on our magical journey. Disney has so many wonderful ways to make staying and playing fun even for the littelest of littles.
Rowan was only five months for her first visit!
1. Utilize the nursery centers located in every park. They were so wonderful! They are staffed, have clean rooms to change, nurse, feed, heat up baby food, and just take a break from the park places. You can find out where each nursery center is located on your map of the park. We would go straight from the hotel to the bus to the nursery center, freshen up and be on our way.
2. Bring a portable baby tub! The kind you can inflate and deflate. Babies want to stick to your regular routine and these will help you and them at the end of a busy day.
3. Did you know you can order supplies and have them delivered to your onsite DisneyWorld resort? Up to two weeks before! They will hold it at the hotel for you. We ordered from diapers.com and sent ahead our baby food, wipes, diapers-anything I thought would be heavy or make traveling on the plane harder. All you have to do is look up the physical address of your hotel and use it as your address. I called the company rather than ordering online because I needed to add my reservation number to the delivery order. When we arrived at the Animal Kingdom Lodge everything was there!
4. Slow down. Disney isn’t just about rides. You don’t have to do everything. Ride the train in Magic Kingdom and enjoy the cool breeze and the view. Plus there’s hardly ever a line!
5. Make your dinner reservations 6 months in advance. This way you can ensure you get them for one and if you’re tired you can cancel.
6. Bring your own stroller. It’s comforting to your child. Also it’s not plastic and won’t burn their bum after being in the searing heat while you were on a ride. BTW we are known to go only in October for this very reason. Plus I have a slight Halloween obsession.
7. Label your stroller! We both our friends and I-well actually they made ours because they’re awesome! We made last name tags that attached to our strollers with ribbon. Ours said our name and had Winnie on it-we laminated them. This made it super easy to make sure our stroller was ours.
8. Another stroller tip. Do you have a parasol for your stroller? Bring it! Open it when you leave your stroller. And you will be leaving your stroller a lot…especially at every restaurant.
9. Baby fan! In the above picture Rowan and the fam are at Pinocchio’s having lunch-see that fan…..buy it…at Babies R Us for 19.99. We live in Texas so we were prepared for this but…that fan was a life saver-she was always cool and happy. Order extra batteries with that diapers.com order. I only went through one set and had that fan on constantly.
10. Listen to your baby. Feed them when you need to, sit, watch, take a nap. Honestly she loved it, in the stroller, baby wearing…the sounds and sights were amazing! It’s a vacation not a race….go to the pool. Eat a cupcake. But seriously get the fan people!
Leave a Reply