I don’t know about you but I’ve never been a big New Years fan. I guess it has to do with teaching for so long. Teachers measure years in school calendars. I think of a new year as September and so when January rolls around I don’t think much of it…other than of course it being my birthday month!
I am however big on making goals. Not so much resolutions. I saw a post on Facebook from an old neighbor about how she and her family go out to eat the week before Christmas and they sit down with a notebook and talk about family goals for the following year. I was instantly like I can do that!
I love that it’s a way to reflect and move on. I have also found that setting a goal, writing it down, and thinking about the steps it takes to get you there is the only way to make your dreams work. See this blog you’re reading? This blog is exactly that.
Now Row is only tiny and she doesn’t talk too much so I was happy to make her goal for her this year-next year it’s all yours girlfriend.
I also like that this gave us an insight into what each of us are desiring in our hearts and allows the team to support you in those goals.
How awesome is that? Now don’t get me wrong the hubs and I love to love/hate each other…it’s real…I just can’t quit him even when I may want to and I know he’d say ditto because listen I’m a lot to handle.
- No fast food every other month-ouch but it’s for our health and for our piggy bank. We decided to start with February and give it a go. Of course it doesn’t count if you’re traveling.
- Hubs wants to do a hike in the area-I hate hiking…good news he wants to go alone. Now I’m the planner in the family so I can easily plan this one.
- Disney for the girls in 2016. You know I’ve already booked this and am eyeing 2017.
- Take Grandma-yes we include Grandma, even though she doesn’t know it. She basically not really lives here. Take Grandma to the Magnolia Silos.
- Increase my viewership on the bloggy.
- Continue to declutter
- One Texas road trip-a year-I’m hoping for BlueBell now that they are back!!!
- A weekend trip to NOLA French Quarters. I have this desire to travel more now that we have Row-which is weird because when I had the time and we were without Row we didn’t travel. She makes me yearn for experiences-and for us to do them together. I have learned too well how what we will truly leave with are memories.
- And I want to read my Bible, a paragraph a night.
Our goals keep us moving towards our dreams. I love that when we say them openly and write them down we will them into being. That when your partner knows what you hope for they can help you achieve it.
Our goals are about experiences together. As life pulls us apart may we bring ourselves back together.
What are your hopes and dreams for your fabulous life? I’m glad I get to share it with you.